Don't Allow Customer Confusion To Hold Your Company Back
Don’t allow customer confusion to hold your company back.
If your team can’t agree on who your ideal customer is,
And can’t clearly define their characteristics,
Your marketing, customer acquisition (and other areas) will suffer.
Not sure where your company stands?
Here’s a quick way to find out:
➡️ Ask your team members, “Who is our ideal customer?”
➡️ Create and distribute a simple form containing the following categories:
- Demographics (age, income, family status, occupation, etc.)
- Psychographics (interests, activities, opinions, personality traits, etc.)
- Geographics (Country, region, state, city, zip code, etc.)
- Firmographics (Industry, location, revenue range, size, budget, etc.)
- Challenges and pain points (what are they trying to avoid/overcome?)
- Goals and desired outcomes (what are they trying to get done?)
- Motivations and triggers (what makes them take action?)
- Media preferences and usage (where do they go for info/entertainment?)
➡️ Have team members fill out the form individually (to avoid groupthink), providing as much detail as possible for each category.
➡️ Then, review and summarize the results.
Do your team’s responses converge around a tight, single definition of the customer (or possibly several ideal customer types)?
Or is it impossible to discern a clear customer description from the widely varied opinions?
If it’s the 2nd outcome, your team is customer confused.
It’s a common issue.
And a source of organizational stress and underperformance.
Rather than allow it to continue, combat it by gaining 𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙮.
Talk to your most engaged, high-value customers.
Listen to them - and learn from them.
Observe their actions and recognize patterns.
Develop a deep understanding of your ideal customers,
Including their wants, needs, motivations, and insights into why they choose to buy from you.
Customer clarity will bring your team together,
And support smarter marketing, strategies, and growth. 🎯
Without a deep understanding of your ideal customers, growth (and stability) is a struggle.
We help leaders and their teams gain customer clarity to capture and keep more business.
Questions? DM me - I'm here to help.